Collection of Information
Information you Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, fax number, credit or debit card information, PayPal account information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed on our site, and your IP address.
Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and in some cases, mobile network information. We also collect this for customers who use networks managed by our services.
Location Information: We collect information about the location of your devices each time you or users of Open Mesh networks access the network or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below. Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and beacons.
Information Collected by Packet Inspection (DPI) and Other Technologies: We inspect traffic flowing through your network in an attempt to identify the sites visited and applications (eg Netflix, Skype, etc) used on the network. This information is presented to you by the Open Mesh network controller to help you understand how your network(s) are being used. This is done at the access point level and aggregate data about the traffic, not the traffic itself flows to our servers.
Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, and publicly available sources. If you log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, which may include your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions offered by Open Mesh and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Open Mesh is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Open Mesh or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Open Mesh assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another entity; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Open Mesh takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you may do so on Open Mesh.com but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Open Mesh by following the instructions in those emails or by logging in to your account and changing your communications preferences. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.